Winter is here and skin care is my main concern. Cold weather causes your skin to dry out or worse, break out. The key to keeping your skin glowing during this chilling season is to stay hydrated inside and out in order to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. Here are a few tips to keep your skin in check during the chill before spring!
- Eat a lot of healthy fats & take your Omegas! The best way to keep your skin soft & moisturized is from the inside! Feed your body healthy fats like eggs, nuts, avocados, & fish. Fruits like guayabas, mandarins & lemons are filled with Vitamin C & antioxidants. Sunflower seeds contain zinc which helps heal & rejuvenate skin. A balanced diet will keep your skin glowing from the inside!
- Hydrate! Drinking 8-12 glasses a day will keep you hydrated and stop your skin from dying out. White Tea is also great to give your body a healthy dose of antioxidants & keeps you warm during the chilled mornings. Remember, water will only be retained in your body when combined with plenty of vitamins, minerals and salts and healthy fats. Do you live in Mexico City? I recommend a lymphatic drainage massage by Camille Spa in Polanco. This type of massage is great after a long trip or when feeling bloated to rapidly speed up the removal of wastes and toxins from a sluggish lymphatic system. Check them out on Instagram @camillespamx
- Sweat it out! Most of you probably aren’t huge fans of feeling sweaty after a work out but that is the healthiest way to naturally clear out your pores & increase blood circulation. Make sure you are getting your cardio in every week!! I recommend at least 30-45 minutes 3 times a week to get your blood flowing!!
- Moisturize! Body lotions, face, eyes & hand lotion should be a MUST during this cold season. Make sure you use natural products like coconut oil or lotions that aren’t filled with synthetic ingredients. Quick tip, moisturize immediately after taking a shower or washing your skin–while your skin is still damp–to help seal in moisture. My favorite body scrubs & body combos are Clarins Tonic Body Polisher & Moisture Rich Body Lotion and Kopari’s Coconut Crush Scrub & Organic Coconut Melt.
- Beauty Masks! Give your face a little extra love this winter while applying your favorite beauty masks. To increase stimulate blood & enhance elasticity, use a jade roller. Using this tool daily with enhance radiance & vitality. Insideout.pg has wonderful crystal products. Rollers, Gua Shas, even glass water bottles with Crystal inserts. Check them out on Instagram to help get to the best version of yourself, inside & out. My favorite beauty mask is the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask.
Shop my favorites below!